There are so many different varieties and choices of backsplash and mosaic tile out there. I love looking at them because they are so pretty!
It used to be that everyone did the same thing. Every house you went into or every picture you saw looked the same. There'd be some glass or stone tile, with the same pattern or color scheme in every house.
Now, people are so much more creative, and the options and possibilities are endless!
5 ways to Make an Impact with Your Backsplash
1. Pick an non-traditional look, such as a cement tile.
2. Use something classic, like subway tile, but make an impact by using it behind open shelving or have it go all the way to the ceiling. This is much more dramatic than a simple backsplash just a couple of inches above your countertops.
3. Opt for tile that's not traditionally used for backsplashes. This large format tile that looks like marble looks gorgeous in this kitchen!
4. Mix up your materials. Don't just use one type of tile or style. Mix it up to create more interest and drama. Use some large glass subway tile and then mix it with some smaller glass mosaic tile.
5. Take traditional tile and turn it, or place it in a non-traditional way. Sometimes people will do a herringbone pattern with subway tile, or just turn the mosaics you have vertical instead of placing them horizontally. It will create a whole new look that no one has ever seen before.
The most important thing is for you to be happy. Just remember, a backsplash is a great way to try something new or make a statement. The nice thing is, if you hate it or want to change it up again, it's a lot easier to do that than change your whole kitchen!